- Device 1: This would be your iOS device that is already setup
- Device 2: This would be the device that needs to be set up because it was either recently purchased or restored.
1. Unlock both devices.
2. Start the setup process on Device 2
3. Look at Device 1. There should be a popup at the bottom of your screen that says “Set Up New iPhone/iPad”. Click continue on that popup.
4. Authenticate on Device 1.
5. Appearing on Device 2 will be a unique bubble that you need to scan using Device 2.
6. Enter your password setup on Device 1.
7. Now your data and some settings should be coping over to Device 2.
This should take some time depending on settings and data that are needed to be copied and your internet speeds. While this process is being completed keep both of your devices side by side to avoid them from being disconnected. Once completed Device 2 is ready to use.